Learn the reasons how to drive and increase customer engagement on Google.
Click here to contact us for a free consultation on growing your business in the digital world!
Having a great Google profile is very important for your business!
- It’s FREE! Yes, Free!
- Connect with new or existing customers
- Post pictures/offers and give customers a reason to choose you.
- Turn searches into customers
- Get insights and analytics about your business searches
- Get found on Google searches and maps.
Local Search Statistics
- 50% of users who perform a local search on their smartphone visit a physical store within one day
- 80% – 90% of shoppers read online reviews before buying a product
- 72% of consumers who perform a local search visit a store within 5 miles of their current location.
- 61% of mobile searchers are more likely to contact a local business if they have a mobile-friendly site.
- 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as they trust personal recommendations.
- 86% of people look up the location of a business on Google Maps.
- 78% of location-based mobile searches result in an offline purchase.
- 18% of location-based mobile searches result in a sale within one day.
- Businesses that have a strong keyword in the business name rank 1.5 spots higher than if there is no keyword in the name.72% of consumers who did a local search visited a store within five miles.
- Google now handles at least 2 trillion searches per year
- Google currently holds 80.5% of total search engine market share (up from 65.5% in January 2016).
- Google has decreased the number of organic blue links displayed as the result of a search from 10 to 8.5, on average.
- Google accounts for over 76% of all global desktop search traffic, followed by Bing at 8%, Baidu at 7.5% and Yahoo at 7%.
- Google accounts for over 94% of all mobile/tablet search traffic globally, followed by Yahoo at 3% and Bing at 1%.
- In 2016 Google generated $63.11 billion in net digital ad revenues worldwide, an increase of 19.0% over 2015. That represents 32.4% of the worldwide digital ad market, which in 2016 is worth $229.25 billion.
- Google receives over 57,000 searches per second on any given day.
- According to Andrey Lipattsev, Search Quality Senior Strategist at Google, high-quality content and link building are the two most important signals used by Google to rank your website for search.
- Google “near me” searches have increased by two times over the past year.
- Google changes its search engine algorithm roughly 500 – 600 time per year
- On Google, 18% of organic clicks go to the first search result, 10% go to the second, and 7% go to the third.